The Church in Sardis
1. And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
2. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
4. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
The Church in Philadelphia
7. And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Isaiah 22:22. And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
8. I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Herbert Armstrong's Radio Church of God, and later called The
Worldwide Church of God claimed to be Revelation's Church of
Herbert Armstrong claimed that the radio was the open door.
With the Internet the Laodiceans have an even greater open door.
The First Church of the Internet, this web site, is one, of many, that walked through that, thus far unclose able door, to the world.
The radio programs listed in the index have been broadcast worldwide on national radio and on shortwave.
Verse 12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Name changes are found many places both in the Bible and movies.
Genesis 17:5. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
Abram becomes Abraham.
Genesis 32:28. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Jacob is renamed Israel.
Catholic Popes take on new names.
In Star Wars Anikan Skywalker is renamed Darth Vader.
Revelation 3:9 9. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan,
which say they
are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and
worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
1. Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
2. The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and
Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
There are two types of Jews in the world. (1) Ashkenazi and (2) Sephardic.
The Ashkenazi Jews are NOT Hebrews! Notice that they are the sons of Gomer. They are NOT descendant from Abraham, Isaac or Jacob. That means the Ashkenazi are NOT Israelites as are the Sephardic Jews. Here is a book on the subject by the a Jewish Author.
The Thirteenth Tribe: The Kazar Empire and Its Heritage by Arthur Koestler (Jun 1978)
On the one hand, Americans love Jews since they are entertainers, comedians, movie stars and so on. But people dislike the mischievous Ashkenazi who are often loan sharks, abortionists, drug peddlers, gangsters, Communists and so on.
The Church of the Laodiceans
14. And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Proverbs 3:11. My
son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his
Professor Walter Veith, a Seventh Day Church minister, claims that The
Seventh Day Adventist Church is The Church of Laodiceans.
Veith believes that his church, the Seventh Day Adventists, are today's Church of Laodicea.
To hear his reasoning and his call to repentance click here.
His lecture series is called, We Need a Total Transformation.
Revelation 3:19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Professor Walter Veith is issuing the call to repent.
Also see The True History of the True Church.
This is an article by the author of this web page, Walter Kay, tracing The history of The Church of God from the Apostles all the way too modern day America.
Behold, "I stand at the door."
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
20. Behold, I stand at the
(church) door, and knock: if any
(clergy ) man hear my
voice, and open the (church)
door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Jesus is standing at the church door, if the door is answered, who would open the door.
( ) The clergyman or pastor of that church.
If Jesus is standing outside at the church door, is he in the church or outside the church wanting in?
( ) Jesus is outside.
|See the articles about 501 (c3) churches.|
1. After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
2. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
6. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
7. And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Ezekiel 1:10. As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
8. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Above it stood the seraphims: each
one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain
he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly
Ezekiel 1:18. As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.
9. And when those beasts give glory and honor and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Deuteronomy 32:39. See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
40. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
10. The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11. Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.