The Shell Game
This is page 15 of an article titled
THE TWO CALENDARS OF THE BIBLE
By Whose Authority?
The Roman Catholic Church changed the commandment to keep the seventh day Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. The Pope claims to have authority to change laws such as the Sabbath from the 7th day to the 1st day.
Protestants keep Sunday following the Catholic Church's lead.
The only large groups of people known NOT to keep Sunday as a Sabbath are the Jews and the Seventh Day Adventists. There are a few smaller groups who observe Saturday as do the Jews.
The Catholic Church argues that it has the authority to change Saturday observance into Sunday.
Rome's Challenge saying "Protestants follow Catholic Church".
Rome v. 7th Day Adventists (A 1893 Catholic document)
Who is right? Catholics & Protestants, 7th Day Adventists & Jews, Both or Neither?
This is page 15 of an article titled
THE TWO CALENDARS OF THE BIBLE
When is the Sabbath of the Churches?
The Sunday Sabbath runs from Saturday Midnight until Sunday Midnight.
The Saturday Sabbath of the Jews and Seventh Day Adventists runs from Friday Sunset until Saturday Sunset.
It is almost unknown today that the Protestant Reformers of the middle ages and many others, before and after, kept the seventh day Sabbath as did the Jews.
The Inquisition was an effort to eliminate 'Jewish Influence' from the Christian world. What is not stated is that this 'Jewish Influence' was the keeping of the 'Jewish' Sabbath in defiance of the Catholic Sunday Sabbath. The Inquisition was a war against Sabbath keepers. Keeping the Saturday Sabbath was defined by the Catholic Church as heresy. The punishment for heresy was death.
Jewish Influence on Christian Reform Movements by Rabbi Israel Newman. [Columbia University Oriental Studies, vol. XXIII] (Hardcover - 1925)
THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR: The Catholic and Protestants and most of the World follows the Gregorian Calendar.
In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII ordered the advancement of the
Julian calendar by 10 days and introduced a new corrective device to curb further
error: century years such as 1700 or 1800 would no longer be counted as leap
years, unless they were divisible by 400 like 1600 or 2000.
If somewhat inelegant, this system is undeniably effective, and is still in official use in the United States. The Gregorian calendar year differs from the solar year by only 26 seconds—accurate enough for most mortals, since this only adds up to one day's difference every 3,323 years.
The days of the Gregorian calendar run from Midnight to Midnight. Sundown is defined as the time when the sun goes below the horizon. Midnight is always the same time of day according to the clock on your wall.
The Jewish Lunar Calendar: The Jews and Seventh Day Adventists follow a Lunar Calendar. The days of the Lunar Calendar run from Sunset until Sunset. Sunset is the same as sundown above. Sunset, and likewise the start of a day changes almost every day. Sunset can even come and go as you travel down a highway in the evening. Travel downhill and the sun can set. Keep going to the top of a hill and the sun is still in the sky. If you live close to the North or South pole the sun might not set at all.
The Gregorian Calendar has twelve months. The months have 29, 30 or 31 days.
The first day of the year is January 1. (The first day of the first month.)
The Jewish Lunar Calendar has months determined by the moon. Jewish months run from one New Moon to the next New Moon. These months are either 29 or 30 days each.
The Jewish Calendar usually has 12 months but some years have 13 months.
The first day of the year is Nisan 1 which is determined by the first New Moon following the Spring Equinox.
|Esther 3:7. In the first month, that is, the month Nisan, in the twelfth year of king Ahasuerus, they cast Pur, that is, the lot, before Haman from day to day, and from month to month, to the twelfth month, that is, the month Adar.|
THE SOLAR CALENDAR: Notice above there is a solar year. Might there be a Solar Calendar that is different from both the Gregorian and Lunar Calendar? The answer is "Yes".
A small number of Christians follow a Solar Calendar. The days of the Solar Calendar run from Noon until Noon. Unlike the Sunset of the Jewish Calendar, Noon is the same every day. The 'going down of the sun' actually starts at noon. AM and PM. In the AM the sun is rising. The sun is at it's highest at Noon. At noon the sun starts going down. The sun is at its lowest at midnight.
The Solar Calendar has months determined by the Equinoxes and signs of the Zodiac. The first day of the year is the Spring Equinox.
The Solar Calendar has 12 months divided into four seasons. The first month starts on the first day of Spring, The fourth month starts on the first day of Summer. The seventh month starts on the first day of Fall. The twelfth month starts on the first day of Winter.
The second month of the Solar Calendar is named Zif. (1 Kings 6:1 below.)
The First day of the Solar year is the first day of Abib which is determined by the Spring Equinox. (First day of Spring.) There is no connection to the Moon.
Exodus 12:1. And the LORD spake unto Moses and
Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying,
Exodus 13:3. And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
4. This day came ye out in the month Abib.
Esther 3:7. In the first month, that is, the month Nisan, in the twelfth year of king Ahasuerus, they cast Pur, that is, the lot, before Haman from day to day, and from month to month, to the twelfth month, that is, the month Adar.
1 Kings 6:1. And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD.
Notice that the Bible mentions two first months; one named Abib and the other Nisan.
What do we have?
Two different names for the same month?
Two different months on two different calendars?
The answer is two different months on two different calendars, one Solar and the other Lunar (The Two Calendars of the Bible.) Abib for the Solar and Nisan for the Lunar.
Now the question is, "What is the Sabbath Day of the Solar Calendar? The answer is (1) not the Catholic/Protestant Sabbath (Gregorian), (2) not the Jewish Sabbath (Lunar), but rather (3) it is the Sabbath of Creation and Moses (Solar).
|1 Kings 8:1. Then Solomon
assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the
chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in
Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the
LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.
2. And all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto king Solomon at the feast in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month.
66. On the eighth day he sent the people away: and they blessed the king, and went unto their tents joyful and glad of heart for all the goodness that the LORD had done for David his servant, and for Israel his people.
Leviticus 13:34. Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD.
39. Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.
| This celebration was on one of the annual
holidays known as The Feast of Tabernacles. The feast lasted eight
days. The first and last days were Sabbaths.
SO, how could the people be sent away on the eighth day? The eighth day was a Sabbath so they could not travel on that day.
If the eighth day ended at sunset, there would be no need to send them away since it would be too late to travel. The people would start to travel home early the next day.
But since the eighth day Sabbath ended at noon Solomon said his good-bys at lunch time.
Lunch would be at the end of the eighth day.
The people would have from noon to sunset to travel before making camp for the night.
Nehemiah and the merchants
|Nehemiah 13:15. In those days saw
I in Judah some treading wine presses on the sabbath, and bringing in
sheaves, and lading asses; as also wine, grapes, and figs, and all
manner of burdens, which they brought into Jerusalem on the sabbath
day: and I testified against them in the day wherein they sold
16. There dwelt men of Tyre also therein, which brought fish, and all manner of ware, and sold on the sabbath unto the children of Judah, and in Jerusalem.
17. Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the sabbath day?
18. Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city? yet ye bring more wrath upon Israel by profaning the sabbath.
19. And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day.
20. So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice.
21. Then I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the sabbath.
22. And I commanded the Levites that they should cleanse themselves, and that they should come and keep the gates, to sanctify the Sabbath day.
|19. And it came to pass, that when the
gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath,
This verse does not say;
19. And it came to pass, (when the sun was setting) the gates of Jerusalem (were closed just) before the Sabbath,
If you have a wall or a gate that faces East-West then at noon the sun would shine down upon it and there would be no shadow.
Before noon one side would be lit and the other side in shadow.
After noon the West side would receive sun shine.
SO just before the Sabbath the gates would become dark on one side.
20. So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice.
Here we have the merchants lining up in the morning at the city gate waiting to rush in as soon as possible. They lined up in the AM to enter the city when the gates were opened at noon.
The gates would have been shut from Noon to Noon.
| Many businesses work a half
day on Saturday. The employees are free to rest the balance of the
day. On Sunday, before noon, they go to church. (Before noon is
still the Solar Sabbath.)
Football and other recreation follows in the afternoon. Football on a Sunday Sabbath (or shopping at Wal-Mart) would not be allowed according to both Catholic and Protestant doctrine but would be allowed on the Solar calendar because the Solar Sabbath would be past.
So actually, working Friday evening and half a day on Saturday and recreation Sunday afternoon does not beak the Solar Sabbath.
Roasting the Passover Lamb
|Exodus 12:5. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:||5. Jesus Christ was the lamb without blemish.|
And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month:
and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in
7. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.
|6. The whole assembly
of the congregation of Israel killed Christ in the evening. (PM)
Was this 'evening' after sunset or after high noon. Since Christ died on the cross at about 3:00 PM 'evening' started at noon, not sunset.
And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and
unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
Mark 14:12. And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the Passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the Passover?
How long does it take to roast a lamb?
"Roast the lamb. Build a fire large enough to produce the heat needed to completely cook the meat. Plan on six to ten hours of cooking time. If you cook it too quickly, the outside gets hard and doesn't taste good. You may want to baste the lamb as it roasts to keep it from drying out." Roasting Instructions.
SO, were the Apostles keeping a Solar Calendar with the day starting at noon or a Lunar Calendar with the day starting at sunset?
To have an evening meal wouldn't they need to start roasting in the afternoon?
When the devil is kicked out the front door he tries to return through the back door.
| Few know that the Reformers
kept a Saturday Sabbath. When Luther and the Reformers rejected the
Catholic Church's Sunday Sabbath they replaced it with the Jewish
Accepting the Jewish Sabbath often results in the acceptance of the Jews as God's Chosen people. As a result EVERY Reformer had a Jewish sidekick. Jewish Influence on Christian Reform Movements by Rabbi Israel Newman. [Columbia University Oriental Studies, vol. XXIII] (Hardcover - 1925) 'Jewish Influence' is code for the keeping of a Saturday Sabbath..
The very first time Jews are mentioned in the Bible
|2 Kings 16:1. In the seventeenth
year of Pekah the son of Remaliah
the son of Jotham
king of Judah began to reign.
2. Twenty years old was Ahaz when he began to reign, and reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem, and did not that which was right in the sight of the LORD his God, like David his father.
3. But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, yea, and made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel.
4. And he sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places, and on the hills, and under every green tree.
5. Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war: and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome him.
6. At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day.
7. So Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria, saying, I am thy servant and thy son: come up, and save me out of the hand of the king of Syria, and out of the hand of the king of Israel, which rise up against me.
8. And Ahaz took the silver and gold that was found in the house of the LORD, and in the treasures of the king's house, and sent it for a present to the king of Assyria.
9. And the king of Assyria hearkened unto him: for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus, and took it, and carried the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin.
|2 Kings 16:6 is the very first
time that Jews are mentioned in the Bible.
Who was the King of Judah? (Ahaz)
Who was King of Assyria? (Tiglath-pileser)
Who was the King of Syria? (Rezin)
Who was the King of Israel? (Pekah)
Conclusion: Israel and Judah were at war. The Jews were at war with Israel!
That also means that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses were not Jews. Yes, they were Hebrews. Yes, they were Israelites. No, they were not Jews.
|In the days of Ezra and Nehemiah about 50,000 Jews returned from captivity in Babylon. They brought with them the Babylonian calendar. The Babylonian Calendar was Lunar not Solar.||Where did the millions of other Israelites go? For the answer click on the links above.|
|Mark 7:9. And he said unto them,
Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own
|| Those churches who keep a Saturday sunset
to sunset Sabbath such as the 7th Day Adventists claim that Catholics
and Protestants make void the Sabbath Day Commandment by replacing
Saturday with Sunday.
The Catholic Church, in their own stated doctrine, believes in both Scripture and tradition, tradition having more authority than scripture. The change from the seventh day to the first day is a tradition given more authority than scripture.
|Titus 1:14. Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.|| But a
Saturday, sunset to sunset, Sabbath, is a Jewish tradition obtained in
Babylon. This is a Jewish fable that turns from the truth by opening
the door to the belief that the Jews are God's Chosen people. Most 7th
day churches believe the Jews are Israel. But the very first time the
Jews are mentioned in the Bible they are at war with Israel. You can
check this out in more detail by clicking on the links
It is hard to avoid Jewish Fables when you put them on a pedestal, call then 'God's Chosen', forbid any negative comments with the charge of 'anti-Semitism', give them high positions in your church and call yourself a Judeo-Christian.
( ) A. Gregorian. The Catholics and Protestants Sabbath known as Sunday.
( ) B. Lunar. The Jewish Sabbath. Some call this a Saturday Sabbath.
( ) C. Solar. The Sabbath observed by a very few such as The LaPorte Church Of Christ.
Solar Sanity v Lunar Lunacy by Pastor Pete Peters. Click Here
If you know of any others observing a
Solar Sabbath let us know and we will list them here.